10 Steps to Marketing Your Defense Attorney Services
As a criminal defense attorney, you know that you need to market your services in order to get potential clients. But how do you go about marketing your law firm? And what are some best practices for marketing a criminal defense attorney?
1. Use SEO keywords on your website.
What are the best keywords for criminal defense lawyers?
There are a few different types of keywords that you’ll want to use as a criminal defense lawyer. First, there are general keywords like “criminal defense lawyer” or “criminal attorney.” These are broad terms that will allow you to attract a wide range of potential clients, and they are also the most competitive keywords to rank for.
Next, there are more specific keywords that focus on the type of law you practice. For example, if you specialize in DUI defense, you’ll want to use keyword phrases like “DUI attorney” or “DUI lawyer.” These phrases will help you attract leads who are specifically searching for an attorney with your experience.
Finally, you’ll also want to use location-based keywords like “Akron criminal defense lawyer” or “Akron criminal attorney.” This will help you attract leads in your city or state who are searching for a local lawyer.
By using a mix of all three types of keywords, you can maximize your chances of attracting new clients through your website.
How do we know this works? The screenshot below is from one of our law firm clients’ analytics dashboard. Their criminal defense firm received 77 calls from their Google Business Profile in one month. This doesn’t include contact form submissions and calls that were not made directly from the click-to-call button.
2. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
As more and more people use their mobile devices to access the internet, it’s more important than ever to make sure your website is mobile-friendly. If your website isn’t optimized for mobile, you risk losing potential clients who will go to a competitor whose site is easier to use on their phone or tablet. In this blog post, we’ll give you some tips on how to make sure your law firm’s website is mobile-friendly.
1. Use responsive design.
Responsive design is a type of web design that makes sure your website looks good on all devices, from phones to tablets to desktop computers. A responsive website will automatically adjust its layout to fit the screen size of the device it’s being viewed on. This is the best way to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly, as it will work on any device without you having to create separate versions for each.
2. Use large font sizes.
One of the most common complaints about mobile websites is that the text is too small and hard to read. To avoid this problem, make sure to use large font sizes on your website. This will make it easier for people to read your content on their mobile devices.
3. Use short and concise paragraphs.
Another common issue with mobile websites is that the content can be difficult to read because it’s often displayed in very small chunks on the screen. To make your content easier to read on a mobile device, keep your paragraphs short and concise. This will help break up the text and make it easier for people to digest.
4. Use images wisely.
Images can be a great way to break up text and add visual interest to your website. However, you need to use them wisely on a mobile website. Avoid using large images that will take up too much space on a small screen, and make sure all of your images are optimized for fast loading times.
Making your law firm’s website mobile-friendly is essential if you want to stay competitive in today’s market. By using responsive design, large font sizes, short and concise paragraphs, and images wisely, you can ensure that your website is easy to use and navigate on any device.
3. Use social media to reach potential clients.
If you’re a lawyer who specializes in criminal defense, you may be wondering how you can use social media to attract clients. After all, potential clients may be reluctant to share their personal information online. However, there are some strategies you can use to reach out to potential clients and get them to engage with you on social media.
The first step is to create a strong online presence. Make sure your website is up-to-date and includes information about your practice area. You should also create profiles on relevant social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Be sure to populate your profiles with relevant information and post regularly.
Once you have a strong online presence, you can start reaching out to potential clients. Use social media platforms like LinkedIn to connect with potential clients or look for groups that discuss topics related to criminal defense. You can also use Twitter to search for relevant hashtags or join conversations about criminal justice reform.
Finally, don’t forget to follow up with potential clients after you’ve connected with them on social media. Send them an email or give them a call so you can discuss their case further. By taking these steps, you’ll be more likely to attract criminal defense clients through social media.
Although social media is extremely popular among all age groups, it is not the best form of advertising for criminal defense lawyers, but it is free and therefore worth the investment of time.
4. Use Google AdWords to advertise your law firm.
Google AdWords is an online advertising platform that allows you to place ads on Google.com and millions of other websites and apps across the web. When someone searches for a term that’s relevant to your ad, your ad may appear next to the search results. This is a great way to get your law firm’s name in front of potential clients who are already interested in what you have to offer. The downside to this is the high cost-per-click which can eliminate your marketing budget in a hurry, so make sure to follow the tips below for a successful campaign.
3 Tips for Using Google AdWords to Advertise Your Criminal Defense Law Firm
1. Keep your ads relevant.
The most important thing when using Google AdWords is to make sure that your ads are relevant to the keywords that you’re targeting. If your ad is not relevant, then people will simply ignore it. But if your ad is relevant and catches people’s attention, then they’re more likely to click on it and learn more about your law firm.
2. Make use of negative keywords.
In addition to targeting relevant keywords, you should also make use of negative keywords. Negative keywords are words or phrases that you do not want your ad to show up for. For example, if you’re a criminal defense lawyer who specializes in DUI cases, then you might want to add “DUI” as a negative keyword so that your ad does not show up when people search for general information about DUIs. This will help ensure that only people who are specifically interested in hiring a DUI lawyer will see your ad.
3. Use an attractive and compelling headline.
Your headline is the first thing people will see when they see your ad, so it’s important that it’s eye-catching and compels people to click on it. A good headline will make use of the target keywords and give people a reason to click on the ad (e.g., “Need a DUI Lawyer? We Can Help”).
Google AdWords can be an effective way to advertise your criminal defense law firm if you use it properly. Keep your ads relevant, make use of negative keywords, and use an attractive and compelling headline, and you’ll be well on your way to attracting new clients!
5. Get involved in the community.
Networking is a great way to connect with potential clients who may need your services. By attending events and joining organizations, you can get your name out there and build relationships that could lead to business. Here are some tips on how to use networking to advertise your criminal defense law firm.
- Get involved with local bar associations. Many bar associations have referral programs that can help you connect with potential clients. Some also offer discounts on advertising and marketing services. Getting involved with a local bar association is a great way to get your name out there and start building relationships with potential clients.
- Attend local legal events. There are often legal events happening in your community, such as CLE courses, conferences, and seminars. Attend these events and introduce yourself to people as a criminal defense lawyer. You never know when someone might need your services.
- Join a local business organization. Joining a business organization is a great way to meet potential clients who might need your services. Business organizations often hold networking events where you can meet other professionals in your community.
- Volunteer in the community. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and also meet potential clients who might need your services in the future. by volunteering, you can make connections and build relationships that could lead to business down the road.
Networking is a great way to connect with potential clients who may need your services as a criminal defense lawyer. By getting involved with local bar associations, attending legal events, joining business organizations, and volunteering in the community, you can start building relationships that could lead to business down the road.
6. Speak at events and conferences.
Speaking at events or conferences can be a great way to network with potential clients and referral sources, as well as to share your knowledge and expertise with others in the legal field. But how do you find speaking opportunities? Here are a few tips.
- Start with your local bar association. Many bar associations have programs where members can sign up to speak on various topics. This is a great way to get started because it will likely be a lower-pressure environment and you will already have something in common with the audience – they are all lawyers!
- Contact your state or county bar association. These organizations often have events where they bring in speakers from around the state or country to speak on various topics. This can be a great opportunity to get exposure to a larger audience and to meet other lawyers from around the state or country.
- Look for national conferences that focus on criminal law. These conferences usually have a call for papers, which is an open invitation for anyone to submit a proposal to speak at the conference. If you have an idea for a presentation that you think would be well-received, this can be a great way to get your name out there and share your knowledge with others in the field.
- Check out websites like Meetup.com. While Meetup is typically known as a site for finding local events, they also have a section for finding online events that you can participate in from anywhere in the world. This can be a great way to reach a global audience and share your expertise with others who might not otherwise have had the opportunity to hear you speak.
7. Write articles and blog posts about topics related to criminal defense law.
How to Write Blog Content That Will Attract Criminal Defense Clients
Writing blog content that will attract criminal defense clients takes time and patience, but it is an excellent way to leverage search engines. Here are some tips on how to get started:
1. Keep it relevant. Write about topics that are relevant to your practice area and focus on the kinds of cases you want to attract. For example, if you specialize in DUI defense, write about recent changes in DUI laws or share success stories of cases you’ve handled.
2. Be helpful. Potential clients will be looking for information that will help them understand their situation and what they can expect. Share your knowledge and give them the resources they need to make an informed decision about their case.
3. Be personable. Your blog is a chance to show potential clients who you are as a person and why they should trust you with their case. Share your story and let them know what drives you to do what you do.
4. Be timely. Stay up-to-date on current events and hot topics in the legal world so you can provide timely commentary on the issues that matter to your readers. This will show them that you’re invested in staying current in your field and that you’re always looking out for their best interests.
By following these tips, you can start writing blog content that will attract criminal defense clients. Keep it relevant, helpful, personable, and timely, and you’ll be well on your way to building a successful blog that will help grow your practice.
8. Make sure your law firm is listed in online directories.
Adding your law firm to online directories is a great way to increase your visibility and reach potential clients.
First, choose which directories you want to be listed on. There are many different types of directories, so it’s important to select the ones that will be most beneficial for your firm. For example, if you specialize in criminal defense law, you may want to list your firm on directories that focus on that practice area.
Next, create a profile for your law firm on each directory. Be sure to include important information such as your firm’s name, contact information, website URL, and a brief description of your practice areas. You may also want to include a photo or logo to help your listing stand out.
Finally, keep your listings up-to-date by regularly checking the directory’s submission guidelines and updating your information as needed. This will ensure that potential clients can easily find and contact your law firm when they need legal assistance.
Adding your law firm to online directories is also a great way to improve the SEO of your website. By following the tips outlined above, you can get started with this process today. With a little time and effort, you can improve your firm’s online presence and attract new clients for your geographical area.
9. Get testimonials from satisfied clients and post them on your website or social media accounts.
Getting testimonials from your criminal defense clients can be a great way to market your law firm and attract new clients. Here are a few tips on how to get testimonials that will be most effective in marketing your law firm:
1. Ask for them! The first step is always just asking your clients if they would be willing to provide a testimonial. Many people are happy to do so, but you won’t know unless you ask.
2. Make it easy for them. If your client is willing to provide a testimonial, make it easy for them by providing a template or list of questions that they can answer. This will help them write a more concise and effective testimonial.
3. Use social media. Social media is a great platform for sharing testimonials, and it’s also where many potential clients are likely to see them. Be sure to post any testimonials you receive on your law firm’s social media accounts.
4. Include them on your website. In addition to social media, your website is another great place to showcase testimonials from satisfied clients. Include them prominently on your homepage or create a dedicated “testimonials” page.
10. Run a targeted ad campaign directed at potential clients who might need your services.
Regardless off what type of lawyer you are and who your perfect client is, you need to make sure that your advertising is targeted at the right audience so that you’re not wasting your time and money on ads that no one will see.
One way to do this is to run a targeted ad campaign directed at potential criminal defense clients who might need your services. Here are some tips on how to run a successful targeted ad campaign:
- The first step in any successful marketing campaign is defining your target audience. When it comes to criminal defense, you might want to target individuals who have been charged with a crime, or their families. You can also target businesses that might need your services.
- Once you know who you’re targeting, you need to identify the best channels for reaching them. This will vary depending on your audience and your budget. Some options include online advertising, print advertising, and direct mail.
- The next step is to create ad copy that will capture the attention of your target audience and persuade them to contact you for more information. Your ad should be clear, concise, and persuasive.
- Once you’ve created an initial version of your ad, it’s important to test different versions so that you can see what works best. Try changing the headline, the images, or the call-to-action to see what gets the most response from your target audience.
- Finally, once you’ve launched your campaign, it’s important to measure the results so that you can determine whether or not it was successful. Look at things like click-through rates and conversion rates so that you can gauge how well your ad performed.
Running a targeted ad campaign is an effective way to reach potential criminal defense clients who might need your services, but it does take a lot of time and effort to avoid spending too much of your advertising budget without real results. By defining your target audience, identifying the best channels for reaching them, and creating compelling ad copy, you can create a successful campaign that will help grow your business.
By following these 10 tips, you can market your criminal defense services effectively and reach potential clients who might need your help.