Many businesses have learned that blogging is a powerful way to influence your audience, but if you’re not considering SEO, you are missing out on a very powerful opportunity to attract new visitors and generate more leads.
Here are 7 Strategies that Will Improve Your SEO Game
- Do a little keyword research before you create your next blog post. Are you incorporating long-tail keywords into your content? These include city names, zip codes, near me searches, how to phrases, best, benefits, and the list goes on and on.
- Have you ever searched for a phrase to learn about something, found an article that had the answer, but the only problem is, you need to hire someone to do it? What if that person was you? Add a contact form to your blog posts, or in the sidebar of your blog so your readers can get in touch without searching your website for the home page or contact form.
- Did you know that the title of your blog post is the most important aspect of your blog? If you cannot attract the reader to click on your post, the content inside is irrelevant. Play around with your blog post until you can honestly say that you would click on it yourself to learn more.
- To this day, even after thousands of Google algorithm changes, I still run across blog posts from time to time that make zero sense. The writer (or robot) obviously did not take his or her readers into account when publishing. If you are not providing value to your readers, not only will you lose the visitor, but Google will find you, and they won’t like what they see.
- Some people think that they don’t have to worry about grammar and punctuation, after all, I’m just a lawn guy. Who cares if I know how to spell, as long as I can mow your lawn? WRONG! People do care, and they care a lot. Proofread your post before your publish.
- Will your blog post stand the test of time? Are you writing about a topic that is going to be yesterday’s news by next week? Try to publish posts that are evergreen, that will still be a popular topic next year and the year after. There is no reason to spend hours writing blog posts that will soon be old news.
- Your readers want to share. We are in the generation of social media professionals. I mean, let’s face it, it won’t be long before the majority of your audience will be from the millennial generation. Use social media share buttons, and also allow users to share your media. Whether it be a video or an infographic, provide them with the embed code. This is a great way to get more traffic (and SEO) out of your blog post.
Do you need help with your company blog? If you would like to implement strategies and increase your reach but lack the time or resources to make it happen, Akron SEO provides content marketing services and we would love to see how we can help your business.